Spring has sprung, the viburnum in my garden is full of blossoms, and we've had our first thunderstorms of the season. Everything seems to have turned green overnight! The days are getting longer, the mornings are warmer...can you tell I love this time of year?
In the spirit of the freshness of Spring and the upcoming Summer, here's what's new at
Leigh Benson Photography.
The end of the year is just around the corner. It's almost mid-October! Really? I can't believe it either.
Now's the time to update your family portraits, well in time for the festive season. I don't know about you, but I always find my calendar filling up quickly as the days get warmer. So, if you're wanting to book a family photo shoot but are worried about the time factor, we've got the solution.
Our mini sessions are the perfect no-fuss photo shoot option. Here's how they work:
1. Each session is 30 minutes long (maximum 45 minutes for larger family groups).
2. Shoots take place outdoors (choose from one of 4 locations - Johannesburg northern suburbs and surrounds).
3. A booking fee of R650 secures your spot and covers the photography time.
Choosing your images:
4. You only buy the images you love!
5. After the shoot, you'll receive an online gallery link where you can view the watermarked images from your shoot.
6. Choose your favourites.
7. Images are R100 each - how much you spend is up to you.
8. Once payment has been made, you'll be given access to the fully edited digital files. They are sized for easy social media posting, sharing with friends and family, and printable up to A4.
Mini Session FAQs:
Q: If I want to buy 10 images, what is the final cost?
A: R1 650 - R650 booking fee + R1000 (10 images at R100 each)
Q: What happens if it rains? This is thunderstorm season after all!
A: You have two options: we can move the shoot to our Parkhurst studio, or you can reschedule to another date.
Q: One of my children is sick - can we reschedule?
A: Yes, we allow you to reschedule your shoot once in case of emergencies.
Q: I'm running late - what happens now?
A: Please be respectful of clients who may be scheduled directly after you. It may not always be possible to accommodate your shoot if you are more than 10 minutes late, in which case we will need to reschedule for another day.
Q: Can I book a Weekend Mini Session during the week?
A: Of course! The same pricing applies to the booking fee and digital images.
Q: Can I have my images printed?
A: Absolutely. You can choose to add any one of our printed products to your session.
This Summer, we're taking portraiture to a new level of glam. Our LUXE Portrait Sessions are a complete 'model-for-a-day' experience, with your own magazine-style portrait shoot.
How have you always wanted to be photographed?
This is YOUR chance to dress up, glam up, bring out the little black dress or gorgeous gown. Think Vanity Fair. Be rock-and-roll, be leather jacket and jeans. Be tulle skirts, be flower crowns.
Be whoever you want to be, and let me capture you - for YOU.
A Portrait Experience as Individual as You are:
Before the shoot:
1. A pre-shoot planning and styling session where we design your photo session. Bring along your references, Pinterest boards, outfit ideas and we'll plan your ideal photo shoot.
2. Beauty Guide with pre-shoot timeline to help you get the most out of your portraits.
On the day:
3. Be pampered with hair and makeup styling
4. Be treated to snacks and bubbly (or bottomless coffee if you prefer!)
5. Be guided through your portrait shoot. Don't worry about how to pose or what to do, I'll take you through a variety of poses as well as capture the fun and spontaneous moments in between.
6. Allow at least 4 hours for both hair and make-up and the shoot time, plus outfit and styling changes.
After the shoot:
7. You're invited back to the studio for your reveal session, where you get to choose your favourite images from the shoot.
8. Only buy the images that you love.
9. Choose from a range of printed artwork options, or purchase just the digital files. It's completely up to you.
The Booking Fee is R2 500 and secures your date and time, covers hair and make-up styling, plus your photo shoot.
Digital images are R100 per image, printable to A4.
Wall Art (framed prints, canvasses, or block-mounts) starts at R1 500
Folio Collections start at R1 500
Make it a girls' day out.
Invite your mom, sister, daughter, BFF or partner to share the experience with you at no additional cost.
Birthday Milestones (e.g. 21st birthday)
Mommy and Me
...or just because you deserve to have a beautiful portrait!
#existinprint with our new Folio Collection
If you've been following me on my blog or social media, you'll know that I'm a big believer in the #existinprint movement. Dean and I have used just about every available wall space for photos and artwork, so if you're like us and just don't have the space - or prefer a minimalist look with open walls - the Folio Collection is for you.
The Folio Collection box is available for a set of 10, 20, or 30 mounted prints. The mounts are 300 x 400mm, holding a print size of 175 x 245mm.
Why we love the Folio Collection:
The box cover is held in place with strong magnets. You can stand the box upright on a desk or shelf, and display your favourite image in front.
You can rotate the order of the images and change up your display as often as you like.
The mounted prints can be individually framed, which makes them a great gift for family or friends.
Folio Collections start at R1 500.
Instagram is the fastest and easiest way to keep up to date with Leigh Benson Photography, make enquiries, or just say hi.
Now it's even easier to follow your favourite content.
My wedding photography has a new home: @leighbensonweddings
Lifestyle family shoots are at: @leighbensonlifestyleportraits
The @leighbensonphotography main account will showcase fine art portraits, LUXE sessions, and personal branding photography.
Speaking of personal branding...
... I've been working with Darlene Bayley from The Imagepreneur on branding packages for entrepreneurs. We've got some really exciting things in the pipeline so keep watching this space!
And lastly - coming soon to the blog...
New feature sessions, archive sessions and a post on what it was like to be a wedding photographer on the other side of the camera!
Questions, comments or enquiries? Drop us mail on firstname.lastname@example.org